Why, hello there!
Did anyone else feel the EARTHQUAKE that rolled on through the eastern US today? How neat was that?! At first, I had absolutely no idea what was going on! My entire house (mind you, this house is from the early 1900s) was completely shaking! Last summer, I was in an earthquake in DC and it was nothing like this! The only one was really loud but this one was just a lot of trembling. Well, that’s definitely one way to shake up the day!
Today is my third day of being vegan, and I have to say, it’s going really well. Today, I started off with a cinnamon baked oatmeal (thanks to CCK). I love that her recipes are all vegan, and boatmeals are my favorite easy-peasy breakfast!
For lunch, I made some brown rice pasta with corn, cucumber, green pepper, and some red wine vinegar. While it may be an odd combo, I adored it.
I also had some Trader Joes Flaxseed and Veggie Tortilla Chips…which are delishhhhh.
I am so excited to continue on this journey. Overall thus far, my mood is high, energy is high, body feels good. No more weird feeling in my stomach from eating things I shouldn’t. I kinda like it 🙂
The rest of my day has been great, too! I woke up and did my doggie duties. I love those pups. Then, I came home and just chilled out. I was even productive and got my bills all paid! YAY! Now if only I could pay off that bike I still have lingering on my credit card… Good thing for no interest for a year! 🙂
One of my roommates came back to school today! I am so excited to have people starting to return to Shippensburg. It was a fairly lonely town for the summer, and now it is starting to come back to life! With my roommate came her two amazing Corgi dogs! I am PUMPED to have some more cuddly friends this school year. Animals make everything better. I am sure you will be seeing tons of pictures of them soon enough! My house is a regular old zoo, and I love everything about it!
Well, as I promised you yesterday, here are the lifts I did at the gym yesterday! I thought I would do a killer total body, but it ended up being more arm focused than leg! I started with a 30 minute easy ride on the stationary bike followed by this:
- Super set of tricep kickbacks and incline dumbbell press (3 times each activity, 12 reps each)
- Super set of shoulder press with dumbbells and bicep curls (3 times each activity, 12 reps each)
- Super set of standing, bent over rows and chest flies (3 times each activity, 12 reps each)
- Backside routine x 2:
- Squat with weights: set weights on the floor, squat down and grab the weights, squat down and return weights for 1 rep; 10 reps total
- Booty jumps: squat back, pull arms back, jump upward and throw hands above head for 1 rep, 10 reps total
- Lunge jumps: lunge with one leg, leap up, switch leg into lunge with other foot leading for 1 rep, 10 reps total