Ok this is going to be a collection of randomness from my life as of late:
1. Sunday, Travis and I went on a walk around town. Sometimes, Shippensburg has really pretty old buildings. It was a beautiful day for a walk!
2. Last night, I stayed up semi-late (past 10:30) to finish an awesome book: Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda. It is about a girl who is put up for adoption in India in a time where having baby girls was frowned upon. Duh, girls were good for nothing . The story is about how she was adopted and her journey to India for a study abroad program. Great book…I recommend reading it!
3. Today, I had my final session of my one class for the semester. Let me just say…it was QUITE challenging! First, we surprised the one student who is graduating with his master’s next week by having chips, cookies, crackers and cheese, drinks, and pizza. Then, we watched the Breakfast Club…which is one of my all-time favorite movies! It was the most challenging final I have ever taken! We did talk about how the characters in the movie relate to students we have learned about who are socially maladjusted, emotionally disturbed, etc. I attempted phone pictures…they could have been better…
4. While being my random self, I determined the hardest adjustment I have been making during my post-swimming life: shaving my legs. Now, don’t call me gross. Being a real girl can be kind of tough! For the past eight years, I haven’t shaved more than 2 times from the months of August and February. Returning to real girl status is quite a tough adjustment. I had to force myself to shave today so I could wear capris to the gym! I thought I was going to cut myself like crazy, but surprisingly I came away clean. Phew!
Oh, Google images, how I love thee…
5. I am currently on page 20 of my research paper. 20 and counting! Oh, wait…isn’t that a show or something?
6. I am coaching my first swim meet on Saturday! A coaching update: I love it! It is nice to be on the other side of the swimming scene!
Otay, I think that’s all the randomness that was squished into my head.
Do you ever have days were your head just runs around like crazy? That’s my life.
What’s something random floating around in your mind?