I just wish it were Christmas already so that I could finally proclaim to the world what I bought everyone! I love giving gifts! I just HATE keeping secrets!
As I sit and watch SNL Christmas skits (some of which age back quite a few many years), I am reminded of how much I love the Christmas season.
I love seeing family and celebrating in our own Italian way. I love going to church, singing angelic music, and being reminded of what happened on this special day so long ago. I love eating the yummy food and cookies ( though I am going to try really hard this year to not binge like normal…)
Because I love it so much, I decided to fill out the survey that has been sweeping the blog world this holiday season!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate! To be honest, I don’t know that I have ever had eggnog, but I am so in love with hot chocolate that I doubt anything would steal its place in my heart!
My awesome roommate gave me a new mug just for hot chocolate for Christmas!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa definitely wraps the presents. When we were little, the ones from Santa wouldn’t have stickers on them (just a small initial so we know which was which if they got mixed up). Presents from the parents had a To:/From: sticker on them!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have always had colored lights on the house, and when we had a real tree, we had colored lights on it as well. Now that we have a fake tree (), the lights are white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Though the roommate once had a mistletoe headband….
Ugly sweaters, FTW!
5. When do you hang your decorations up? Whenever there is time! My mommy had to do them alone this year since I was barely able to make it home for the holiday…
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ravioli! The women (and sometimes the males) in the family make homemade ravioli around Thanksgiving time, freeze them, and then we eat them all at our family Christmas. I love having a big, Italian family!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Hmmm this is a tough one! I remember laying the back of my dad’s car and going around to all of the neighborhoods on Christmas Eve to look at their outstanding Christmas decorations! My sister and I would lay together and listen to Christmas carols on the radio!
8. What is on your Christmas Wish list? A lot of fitness related things! A Garmin Forerunner, popcorn popper, a blender, new workout clothes…all of those sound awesome! I also already got a new stereo for my car for Christmas which awesomely allows me to play my IPOD through my car. And it has a built in Bluetooth!
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? We have always chosen one gift from the pile to open before heading to bed!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have each received an ornament (or sometimes two) a year since we were little. All of the ornaments get piled onto the tree in no specific order.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Most of the time, I hate it. I don’t mind a little on Christmas day as long as people are able to safely make it to visit family.
12. Real tree or fake tree? REAL. But my family went fake when I was in high school
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Ummmm one time all I wanted was a plastic goose that you can dress up for different occasions. Well, Santa knew what was up, and I came downstairs to Lucy Goosey dressed as a reindeer. Then, Lucy was stolen from the house when I was little, and I received a new one! Lucy currently is in the entryway of my house at school!
Lucy has been through a lot in her day…notice the taped bottom?!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with family and remembering all that we have to be thankful for this time of the year!
15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert? Gingerbread men!
16. What is your favorite tradition? Listening to ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas on cassette and following along with the same book we have been reading from for years.
17. What tops your tree? Well, I was just home last weekend and nothing topped the tree! My mom said she was unable to reach haha. Usually, though, it is a colorful lit-up star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving for sure! My excitement is so great that I can’t keep my secrets very well! I have tried to be creative with my gifts and the way in which I give them. I seem to be less creative with age, though…
Trav with his gifts from me a few years back!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Baby It’s Cold Outside!
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? YUM! But only peppermint ones!
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? That’s a tough one! I just watched the Holiday last night and I love that. I also love Charlie Brown and the original Grinch!
22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies, milk, and carrots for the reindeer!
Awesome gingerbread replica of Old Main (a building on campus!) It was in the library a few years back!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? My grandparents usually spend the night, and once everyone is awake, we open gifts one at a time until all are opened. I usually start since I am the baby After we open what’s under the tree, we open the gifts in our stockings!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I had never shopped online much before, but majority of this years gifts were from Amazon!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? My family has always just sent cards!
Loveee Christmas! Feel free to repost!
Now it’s your turn: Answer some of the questions!