Happy What I Ate Wednesday!! Isn’t Jenn just the best?
Here are some of my eats as of late:
Perfectly sliced cucumbers…thanks to my awesome mandolin
Homemade coffee frap!
These are AMAZING and the perfect size!
And of course I have had tons of these:
Spiced Sweet-Potato Chips
- 1 sweet potato, peeled (12 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cut the potato into very thin slices. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange the slices on the sheets in a single layer, and lightly coat the slices with cooking spray. Bake for 7 minutes, or until they’ve barely started to brown. Remove, turn them over, return to the oven, and bake 7 to 10 more minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl, and repeat with remaining potato slices.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cumin, sugar, chili powder, and salt. Pour over the chips, toss well, and serve.
They were fantastic! So much better than the store bought kind! DUH!
Have you ever made your own chips?