After Tuesday’s post, I had a lot of people asking me what I had on my book list for summer reading. I figured I would just write a post on it so you can all see what I am looking forward to! Now, bear with me. The types of books are very sporadic. But what is life without a little bit of spice?
Currently, I am reading the Apothecary’s Daughter by Julie Klassen. Definitely not what I normally read, but I really like it. It’s set way back when in England and France. Totally enjoy it! And it totally makes me glad that I didn’t have to get all dolled up every day just to get a suitor and then be sold to that guy’s family. Whoa, heck nah.
Here’s the list of what else I am looking forward to:
- Running for Women by Kara Goucher
- Second Wind by Cami Ostman
- UltraMarathon Man by Dean Karnazes
- The Long Run by Matt Long
- Once a Runner by John L. Parker, Jr.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James
- Uglies (and the rest of the series) by Scott Westerfeld
- goodbye ed, hello me by Jenni Schaefer
- Look Me in the Eyes by John Elder Robinson
Some of these books I have heard about from other bloggers. Some I want to read from a teacher’s perspective. Some are fitness and health related. Many of the fitness/running books are for the Running and Reading Long program. Some of the books are young adult. Others have been recommended by friends. I just love all sorts of books.
I am so excited to keep reading. I love the “me” time I get and how accomplished and relaxed I feel after reading.
If you want a list of books I have read since starting the blog back in July, check out my Book Nook page!
And, definitely, if you have any suggestions PLEASE recommend more for the list. Even if I don’t get around to it soon, the books won’t go anywhere!