Hello, there! And Happy Tuesday to you all!
This Tuesday is especially happy for me because my professor told us yesterday that didn’t have class today. That means that I’m done with class for the summer (other than a project and an open book, online project.) Still, I don’t have to sit in a hot classroom until the fall semester rolls around!
Now, onto today’s post. I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award from the amazing and hysterical Sara at Run Gingerfoxxx, Run! Seriously, check her blog out. Her Wednesday First World Problem posts are hysterical! Thanks for the award, Sara!
The award entitles me to tell seven things about myself. I know how much I like getting to know other bloggers, so here are some things you might not know about me!
1. I was in the co-ed honor’s fraternity and the athletic sorority as an undergrad. Both of which were good for the resume and included a lot of community service projects.
2. I have never been skiing, snowboarding, or snow tubing. Basically all winter sports were off limits because of swim season. We couldn’t even sled ride!
3. My favorite vacation spot to date: a trailer on the beach at Assateague Island, Maryland. And I will be there next week
4. I was once on crutches for hurting my ankle while running (for swimming…obviously you can’t take the swimmer out of water without punishment). There are only two pictures with proof. This is one:
5. I had kidney surgery at 18 months old and have a huge battle scar to show for it. Actually, I have two scars, but for some reason I didn’t realize the one where my tubes were during surgery was there until a few years ago.
6. My boyfriend has a huge bird obsession. I really don’t care too much one way or the other for birds, but I have learned an immense amount of facts about birds in the past five years. I can even determine some birds from their calls at this point. When we first started dating, I took Travis to the National Aviary in Pittsburgh, and he was in heaven!
7. I worked at the Library of Congress in the IT department for a summer. It was pretty much the most awesome experience ever. I did so many cool things. And met some pretty great people . But nothing can really beat the summers lifeguarding and tanning.
That’s it about me! I am not the most exciting person haha. If you haven’t been nominated for this award yet, feel free to fill it out!
Tell me something random about yourself!