Howdy! As I am soaking up as much fun as possible on my last couple days of the trip, I have more guest posts for you to enjoy! Today’s post comes from one of my favorite bloggers, and she is also one that I have followed for quite some time now! Erica is a fellow Pennsylvanian blogger at For the Sake of Cake. She always has great eats, and I was pretty excited when she sent me a recipe post . Here you go!
Hey everyone! I’m Erica & I blog at For the Sake of Cake. Thanks so much, Nikki, for allowing me to guest post here on Life After Swimming!
If you don’t follow my blog, allow me to introduce myself. I’m a 26-year-old high school English teacher from the great state of Pennsylvania. I was married in August of 2011, & just recently moved into a new home with my husband, Chris, & pug, Stewie. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, writing, exercising, cooking, & baking!
In case it isn’t obvious from the title of my blog, I lovesweets. Therefore, I thought it would be fitting if I shared with you all a new *sweet* recipe. I proudly present…
Chocolate Chip Blondies
· 1 & ½ c. packed brown sugar
· ½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted
· 2 eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1 & ½ c. all-purpose flour
· ½ tsp. baking powder
· ½ tsp. salt
· 1 c. semisweet or milk chocolate chips
· Rainbow sprinkles (optional, of course)
· Preheat oven to 350*.
· In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, butter, eggs, & vanilla. Combine all ingredients, but be sure not to over-mix.
· Combine the flour, baking powder, & salt. Add to the brown sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips & rainbow sprinkles.
· Spread into a greased baking dish (mine was 8×8, I believe) & bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
· Cool completely (if you can wait!) before eating.
These bars are made from ingredients that most people have on-hand & were so easy to assemble. While not overlysweet, they’re still a great dessert option & managed to satisfy my sweet tooth. One of my favorite things about these blondies is that the middle of the bar is gooey & almost dough-like… yum!
I’ve asked this question on For the Sake of Cake before, but now it’s time to poll Nikki’s readers…
Blondies or brownies?
Don’t forget to check out my GoodBelly giveaway!