Just stopping by quickly with my dinner from last night. I haven’t made a recipe in a while – I’ve been having oatmeal for breakfast, salad with tuna for lunch, and eggs for dinner for like a week. It was all I was in the mood for! But last night, I made some zucchini cakes, and they were awesome!
Here’s what I did!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt, pepper, seasoning
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
1. Shred the zucchini
2. Remove excess liquid from zucchini by squeezing them out in paper towels. Warning: there will be a lot of liquid!
3. Mix all of the ingredients together
4. Heat a sprayed pan on medium, and form mixture into smaller cakes.
5. Cook the cakes for about a minute and a half on each side until golden brown!
These cakes were really tasty, especially with the Greek seasoning I used! The recipe made 6 cakes, which will last me all weekend! YAY! Single living girl loves leftovers.
As you can tell, I paired the cakes with some edamame and apple sauce and a dollop of ketchup. Hit the spot for me!
What’s your favorite way to eat zucchini? I think this is mine!