Happy Friday! YAY! So glad to have made it through this week.
I know, I know you all want to hear about JGL, but this week has been nuts and I haven’t even looked at the pictures. Instead, I got this brilliant idea from Jess at A Taste of Confidence to break down my musical interests and say how they fit me!
My iTunes most played kind of sucks because it’s basically the same few albums’ songs. Lame, right? I think I figured out the most played, though.
Here’s what my musical interests say about me:
1. I’m eclectic – the top 2 songs on my playlist are Fall by Something Corporate and Maybe This Time from Glee. I mean, really? While both are depressing romantic songs, one is by a alt rock punk band and one is from two of the most popular singers to step foot on Broadway. I have 20.7 days worth of music on my computer (7,922 songs!). They range from show tunes to screamo to country to electronica to Christian to folk and beyond.
2. I’m learning to love myself: At Least I’m Not as Sad (As I Used to Be) by fun. Learning to love myself is hard. It requires me to take the things I don’t like and turn them into positives. Not easy for this chica!
3. I should have been alive in the 60s. Not only do I have practically every Beatle’s song known to man, but one of my favorite albums includes one of my favorite bands, Steel Train, covering songs from 1969, like I Want You Back.
4. My musical preferences haven’t changed much since I was little. My favorite music growing up was Billy Joel, and pretty much all of his music is strongly piano. All of my favorite music involves a piano: Something Corporate, Jack’s Mannequin, Ben Folds, etc. Piano Rock = love. Especially when the song consists of Andrew McMahon singing Billy Joel’s Piano Man. P.S. Andrew McMahon and I both saw Billy Joel at our first ever concerts. Here’s me and my love, Andrew.
6. I love cats. Especially ones with mustaches. Does your cat have a mustache?
7. I’m a huge New York City lover. Between Reel Big Fish, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys, Billy Joel, Newsies, and just the insane amount of musicals I have, there are a lot of signs that I’m destined to be a NYC fan forever. All of the links for these artists are to songs I have with New York in the song. Some are ska music (for those of you who don’t know what ska is, it’s ok. I was a HUGE ska fan in high school). Some are pop. But they are all about the Big Apple.
8. I like to work out. I mean, as if this wasn’t already know, my songs go to show how much I like working out: Kanye’s New Workout Plan and Jack’s Mannequin’s Swim. I feel this one goes without explanation.
What’s one of your most played songs? Do you have a favorite genre?