It’s been a crazy week and I think I left a lot of things out!
1. We got a lot of snow in Pittsburgh area! And my workout on Wednesday consisted of shoveling for about an hour!
Busted out the parka from college swimming in order to stay warm while shoveling!
2. Travis and I started our wedding page! We have a date set and a church, too! Craziness!
3. The wonderful people at Sambazon sent me vouchers to try their products along with a gorgeous hand crafted bowl and spoon to go with it. I am looking forward to bracing the snow to head out and use my vouchers to try their smoothies. Their smoothies are USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Ecocert Fair Trade, vegan and gluten free, and make a healthy, delicious snack or light meal replacement to grab on-the-go. Sounds good to me!
4. Some of you may know how determined I am to raise funds and volunteer for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. One of my friends has CF, which makes the fundraising mean even more. Turns out, these amazing people raised approximately $90,000 to find a cure for CF. They created an extreme hiking event which I totally want to take part in now. Here’s a quote from Bill Brodnitzki, Jr., co-founder of the event:
“When you compare the daily trials of a person with CF to a grueling hike, the hike is very minimal. It is one day versus a lifetime. In that moment, with soggy socks and sore feet, I was reminded of the importance of Xtreme Hike and everything we do to raise money for Ellie and all those with CF.”
That quote just hits home to me. So I have trouble breathing during swim practice, right? I can’t imagine it being like that all of the time. That’s why I am once again raising money for the CFF in order to run the Pittsburgh Half Marathon in May. I am about $140 away from my minimum requirement, and if you’re feeling in the holiday giving spirit, I’d really appreciate some help!
If you have a few spare dollars to donate, please head over to my fundraising page! I appreciate the help SO MUCH you have no idea.
5. I watched so many movies this week so far – some that I’ve already seen, others I hadn’t. I watched Pitch Perfect, Joyful Noise, J.Edgar, Bad (an MJ special), What’s Your Number?, and The Vow. I had never seen Joyful Noise before, but it totally was better than I expected. And it made me EVEN more excited for February 5 when Smash Season 2 begins. Just look at Jeremy Jordan being a total cutie singing in the church choir. But seriously, watch this video from like 2:00 on. He sings “Ya” by Usher and turns it into a church song. Hysterical haha.
Have a great day! I get to spend it with my favorite people. So great