I have pretty much been slacking when it comes to blogging and commenting on blogs, and I totally apologize for that. You’d think I’d be all about spending time on my new computer, but truthfully, life has been more about spending time with family and stressing out about the last month of graduate school. I will go one more step and say that I’ll probably continue to slacking until at least December 14th, when school is over. Unless faculty strikes, which could happen considering there is currently not a contract.
Here’s just a quick round-up post for you to fill you in on how I’d been since my fancy ravioli family time
1. I went to my aunt and uncle’s house to spend time with my family on Thursday. Cillian adorably chowed down on a turkey leg.
Meanwhile, I chowed down on apple/cranberry crisp and Creamery ice cream. We had pumpkin and chocolate chip cookie dough! Yum!
2. I left my family’s Thanksgiving quickly after dessert to drive 4 hours to Trav’s family. I immediately got wrangled into Black Friday shopping, which I’m not the biggest fan of. I do all of my shopping online! haha
That’s our shopping group around 4 am after we got back and before some of us heading out to shop again! I am going to blame the fact that I’m closer to the camera as the reason my face is kinda looking large haha.
3. I signed up for a half Ironman distance triathlon! EEK! It’s not until September 8, 2013, but it’s still crazy nonetheless!
4. I got to spend Friday night visiting with a college roommate, Anna! It was great to see her, catch up around a bonfire, and see her family!
5. I got to spend the weekend with Trav’s family as well as a wonderful addition to their family! They hosted a foreign exchange student from Spain while Travis was in high school, and Carlos came back to visit while he is spending a semester studying in Boston!
Travis, Carlos, and Trav’s brother! It was awesome to spend time with him, and to hear about his first experience watching Honey Boo Boo (eeekkk…).
6. Can’t forget the good eats at Trav’s!
Coffee and pumpkin crunch for breakfast
Shoofly Pie! – DELICIOUS!
Grilled chicken salad from Chili’s – with corn salsa and beans! Amazing!
Alright – it’s back to the grind for three more weeks! At least Hollie is visiting currently! She spent the night last night on her way back to NY, so be prepared for recaps!
Happy Monday! How was your weekend/holiday??